Monday 11 May 2015

Escargot followed by Lobster and to finish, Créme Caramel.

This is a momentous evening! Set off the fireworks, pop the champagne, turn up the music and put on your dancing shoes.......this was my Last Supper! I decided to go out with a bang for my grand finale. We had escargot (snails), lobster and créme caramel. I substituted escargot for the moules marinières recipe in the Masterchef Cookbook. I just fried them in garlic, butter, parsley and more garlic. I served them with the obligatory french bread to soak up all the delicious garlicky oil. Despite all that I have learnt throughout my project, I still found it awfully difficult to make the snails look attractive!
For similar recipe go to:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/escargot-in-the-shell-with-herb-butter-recipe.html



Lobster, what can I say? My favourite fish of all time! In grey, out pink! Also my favourite part of the film Julie and Julia, when Julie has to cook a live lobster whilst singing "Psycho Killer" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52jAYa4Pm8). I served this simply with a fresh green salad and some boiled new potatoes with olive oil and lime. My grandmother would exchange one of her children for a lobster, so was delighted at the end of the meal to discover that she still has 2 daughters and 5 grandchildren! An absolutely delicious meal (pat myself on the back!!)



Crème Caramel or caramel pudding, is a custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top. What a great finish to a great project. It was like a caramelly, custardy jelly! I'm not so keen on the caramel topping, but I was in the minority here! Very full, very excited, very relieved! One final blog coming your way, a request for some feedback.
For similar recipe go to:
https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/basic-creme-caramel

 Ratings: Escargot
Taste: 10
Appearance: 8
Difficulty: 5

Ratings: Lobster
Taste: 10
Appearance: 10
Difficulty: 2

Ratings: Créme Caramel
Taste: 10
Appearance: 10
Difficulty: 6

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You are an qbsolute star. Wish I could have eaten your 'last supper' with you. Lobster - yum! And your creme caramel looks so pretty - though I agree with you about the topping. I am more of a creme brûlée girl myself. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself. An amazing feat. Lots of love, Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps no Idea why I come up as cafefuturos. Blame Matt! L xx

    ReplyDelete